Saturday 21 April 2012

Bored of the ManVan for now...

After spending most of today in the ManVan, sanding, priming and bogging, I'm a bit sick of it...so today I'm going to show some pics of other things I have done around our home.

So far we have...


* Pulled up all the carpets in the whole house and had the floors sanded and polished. I don't like carpets and am glad I don't have to worry about stains etc!

* Painted and "temporarily" fixed up the kitchen.  We found an old cupboard to use as some extra bench space and attached some mini orb to the front of it to make it respectable and we painted the cupboards.  Maybe one day we will get a proper new kitchen?

* Completely gutted our bathroom and did all the new tiling, fixtures etc by ourselves. It was so disgusting and we were ecstatic when the new bathroom was finished!! There were tears...lol


* Had window shutters and security screens installed


* Had the huge tree in the front yard pulled down along with some other smaller ones


* Had new fences installed


* Renovated our Toilet complete with new pan which we installed ourselves, we also reno'd our Laundry


* Painted every single wall, skirting board, ceiling and door etc in the whole house


* Installed brand new front and back doors, including security doors.  We wanted to let more light in so both front and back doors have glass in them, I love them!


* Installed Built In Wardrobes in every bedroom


* Built a built in bookshelf and desk in the front room


* Re-did our 2 fireplaces by tiling them, staining the ledges and painting the insides etc.


* Installed new blinds throughout the house


* Had a huge area of paving done in the backyard


* Had our beautiful pergola installed out in the backyard


* Painted the exterior of the house (to hide the ugly old brickwork)


* Installed all new doors throughout the house, we chose bi-folds as they take up less room


* Had a split system airconditioner installed


* Replaced every light switch and power point in sight (actually I can see one or two that we missed)


* Replaced all the skirting boards (they were a funny shape)


* And alot more, which I'm sure I'll think about once I get off the floor looking at that list!!!!!




So here are some pics of the random things we've done...I will go into more detail later....enjoy!! (I know we did...lol)


This was the "crime" scene that was our backyard...Ewwwwwwwww!!



 
And this is where we sit out the back now...aaaahhhhhh!! (We have also repainted and fixed up the fence to the right of the first picture, thank goodness!)



This is Den just about to start taking out the old sink and bathtub. GROSS !! (Just realised that we had a mirror in the window area for a while) lol
 


And this is how it is now, with alot of hard work inbetween...


Can anyone say embarrassing?? lol...this was the loungeroom before we fixed it up.  Den only rented at our house at this stage, (before we purchased it) he was pretty much living with me at the house I was renting at so he didn't live like this really!...it wasn't nice. CRINGE



Can you believe this is the same room!!!!!  I have better pics than this for another day.


This pic was taken when we were halfway through our Laundry Reno, it was much (MUCH) worse than this to start with...more pics for another day.


This is when we were finished, we used our doorway for an extra towel rack, we don't use that door so at least it still has a purpose!  A much more organised and practical area. YAY


Looking from the other angle...I love my washing basket in the foreground, so cute.
 



   
Here are some pics of my artwork, I just mess around, nothing serious.  They are ok, I have the bottom green one above my bed and it looks great against our brown wall.  

So that's a bit of a sneekie peek into some of the things we've done around here, I'll have heaps more soon.  Have a good weekend! x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...